free web site traffic and promotion

Monday, July 6, 2009

SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN

As I wrote the topic to this article several different things entered my mind and I paused for a moment. Something strange came over me and I wondered how would my life be if I didn’t have something to believe in. You see I face challenges everyday, some I win and some I have to come back to another day or at least I thought. Then I realized that some of my challenges are not for me to deal with alone. Because I have something that I believe in that can fix anything for me. You see my something that I believe in is strong, kind, loving and lives in me. I have a personal relationship with that something. That something that I have gets me through those long dark and lonely knights, that something pays my bills on time, that something is my doctor, that something is my lawyer, that something is my everything and that something is better to me than I am to myself. I’m happy to know and have that something in my life because without that something, I’m nothing.

As I sit here writing this article I’ve flashed back to a childhood game we use to play. That game was “it’ or some of us called it tag. Anyway, once the game started, the object was to tag someone and tell them they’re it and you would run away from that person. Now that we’ve grown up and we matured, games like that don’t matter anymore. Well I’m here to share with you that I’ve got “IT” and I don’t want to let “IT” go.

Good and bad time come to everyone. Some of us have more of one, than the other. However when different situations arise in our live who or where do we find refuge and comfort?

I realized that we all need something to believe in. weather it’s a church, a religion, a family member, friends, social organizations public or private and money. Life is full of changes with some expected and some unexpected.

Living today is hard in this world and you have to wonder how do some people make it from day to day. How do you know that what you believe in is real or not just an old myth that some family member or friend shared with you and you just took it and ran. Or is your something genuine? I ask you the question. What is your something you believe in? Share it with a friend, a family member or a stranger. You never know who may need your something to get them through SOMETHING.

Peace and Blessings
By Terrance E. Paulin

No comments:

Post a Comment